Thursday, January 20, 2011

Satirical campaign by OPSEU takes on corporate tax cuts

OPSEU's new political campaign tells Canadians how much corporate tax cuts are actually costing us.


Granted, it isn't as simple as every family giving up $500, but hopefully it sends a message about how substantial these cuts are. Ontario already has a very low corporate tax rate, to cut it further just seems wrong on so many levels. And I'm glad that OPSEU is still mentioning the wage freeze, because despite the fact that salaries for non-union public workers are still frozen and unionized employers are still trying to use it as a bargaining tactic, I haven't heard much about it politically or in the news in the past few months.

I'm not sure I really like the campaign, but it is good to see unions doing something to try and get a political message across. I hope it works because I really fear the likelihood of a Conservative government after this next election.

No comments:

Post a Comment