Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Facebook comment....

New favorite ignorant facebook comment on my wall...

What does your profession contribute to society? That's rhetorical, the answer is nothing.
So, what is my profession exactly? TEACHING, which obviously contributes nothing. Neither does sociology, which is the discipline I wish to teach.

No, sociology just "tell[s] people what they can and cannot accept"

To which I responded;
I cannot accept homophobia, heterosexism, racism, sexism, or anti-poverty discrimination. I cannot tolerate policies that will hurt women, indiginous people, or other marginalized groups. I cannot accept policies that take from families to give tax breaks to giant corporations. And I cannot accept 39% of the vote allowing one person full control over parliament. Most people voted AGAINST Harper... not for him. That should not be a majority... this is not a democracy, which is another thing that I cannot accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment